Here's what Duesenberg say about the Senior:
Clean design. Dirty tone. Stripped-down, yet surprisingly versatile. The single SPLIT/KING pickup at the bridge delivers three totally different tonal options. Raw tone has never been better.
The new Senior
Simplicty and elegance have found a new home. The Senior focuses on everything you need for a raw and punchy rock tone but it also has some tricks up its sleeve. Our newly developed Split/King pickup allows you to extend the tonal range of this single pickup guitar to reach completely new levels of versatility.
The Duesenberg designed Split/King pickup can switch between real humbucker and real singlecoil mode. But it is not the splittable humbucker you might expect. It actually houses a real singlecoil which can be extended to a full humbucker with a second, specially designed coil to actually deliver the best of both worlds. As a third option, the pickup can be set into an in between mode where both coils are mixed in a special way to give you even more flexibilty.
The mode can be selected with the 3-position rotary pickup switch at the cutaway while the elegant "Phonico" pickup cover continues our vision of truly independent hardware design.
The fretboard is to your music, what the handle of a brush is to a painting. It says a lot about an instrument how much care was taken here. Every single Duesenberg instrument is expertly pleked for buzz-free playability all throughout the fretboard. It is then carefully finished by hand and precisely set up by one of our professional luthiers. The luthier responsible also leaves his or her signature inside the instrument.
This all is our promise to you that a Duesenberg instrument will always feel great in your hands.
- Type: Set Neck, 1-piece Mahogany
- Width: 42,5 mm / 1.67" (nut), 52 mm / 2.05" (12th fret)
- Thickness: 21 mm / 0.8" (1st fret), 24 mm / 0.95" (12th fret)
- Shape: Medium D
- Fingerboard: Indian Rosewood, radius 305 mm / 12"
- Inlays: Cream Dots
- Frets: 22 Jumbo 2.8 x 1.0 mm
- Scale length: 648 mm / 25.5"
- Trussrod: Steel dual-action
- Headstock: Rosewood
- Type: Solid Mahogany with sound chambers
- Top: Carved solid Maple
- Dimensions: 44 x 32,5 cm / 17.32" x 12.6"
- Height (sides): 4.5 cm / 1.8"
- Binding: Cream
- Finish: PUR lacquer
- Tuners: Duesenberg Z-Tuners
- Bridge: Duesenberg Wraparound Bridge
- Strap pins: Duesenberg Standard (Straplock compatible)
- Hardware color: Nickel
- Strings: Duesenberg Custom 10/50 (010-013-017-028-042-050)
- Pickup (bridge): Duesenberg SplitKing Humbucker (Phonico)
- Wiring: 1 Volume, 3-Way Rotary Switch
- Case: Premium Line Case (included)
- Tools: All required allen keys included