Used 2020 Nordstrand Acinonyx Bass - Lake Placid Blue finish in mint condition with new Gator gig-bag and Nordy mute. Serial 200508498. Weight: 6lbs 9.5oz / 2.99 kg. Nut width: 38mm. Depth at 1st fret: 20.7mm.
Lovingly nicknamed the "Cat Bass” in the workshop, The Acinonyx is an insanely cool, somewhat weird, and deceptively menacing instrument. This bass has all of the playability and phat tone you would expect from a short scale, plus the added fun of the tone control switches. Tone choices are available with a push of a button. Go “All In” by punching all of the buttons at once, which puts the pickups in series mode resulting in a a loud, thick, and punchy tone. The 1 over 3 headstock may seem unusual, but it provides straight string pull while honoring the original aesthetic of the Goya Panther.
- 780mm scale (about 30.7”)
- 17mm spacing at bridge
- 1.4” wide nut
- Alder body with Indian Rosewood fingerboard
- Parchment and Tortoise pick guard options
- 2 propriety (of course - it’s what we do) single coil chrome cover pickups
- 4 push button pickup selector switches (including “all in” series mode)
- 4 tone selections including flat, traditional tone roll off, heavy tone roll of, and mid notch
- Very light weight - averaging 6.5 pounds
- 2 way spoke wheel truss rod
- Classic color options: Lake Placid Blue, Olympic White, Surf Green, Black, and Dakota Red
- Compound radius for excellent playability
- D’Addario Nickel Round Strings
- Proprietary custom US Hipshot bridge
- Proprietary custom licensed Hipshot oval tuning machines
History: Inspired by Juan Alderete, reimagined by Carey Nordstrand, the Acinonyx (genus for Cheetah) is a well thought out, modern reinterpretation of the Goya Panther. Carey sorted out the design flaws of the Goya with the problem solving prowess for which he is known. String pull, switch assignments sorted out, Carey developed this bass with ease of tone selection and overall playability in mind, but the ultimate goal is for the bass to be as fun to play as driving a race car.
|Case||Original gig bag
|Weight||6lbs 9.5oz / 2.99 kg|